We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Peel an orange, grate it and slice it transversely.
Remove the leaves of the felicle and cut very finely, using a mandolin and keep in cold water for a few minutes.
Meanwhile, cut the onion very finely, using a mandolin. Cut the avocado into cubes.
Mix all the dressing ingredients using a whisk.
Place the oranges on a plate. On top, place the fennel, pieces of avocado, fennel leaves, red onions and pomegranate seeds.
Sprinkle everything with dressing. Serve immediately.
Avocado salad with oranges and shrimp
Did you call shrimp? Coincidentally, yesterday's menu started with this salad. I thought that the victims who came to visit suffered too much fighting with traditional Romanian heavy foods, so I chose something lighter for the beginning.
Ingredients for 5 servings:
1 piece of 1cm ginger
2 hands of arugula
a bunch of green onions
4 tablespoons olive oil
Wash the shrimp and dry them with a paper towel. Cut the ginger into small pieces. Heat a little olive oil in a pan and fry the shrimp together with the ginger. Shrimp should not be fried much, a few minutes on each side until golden. Remove the shrimp from the pan and keep warm.
Prepare the dressing with lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper to taste.
Cut the julienne fennel. Chop the green onion. Peel an orange and cut it into slices. In this process, any traces of white skin should be removed as much as possible. Peel an avocado, grate it and slice it. In a bowl, mix all the vegetables with the dressing.
I served the salad in large ice cream cups, putting in each cup the arugula, the salad prepared above and 2 shrimps.
Orange salad with fennel and avocado - Recipes
Fennel and bean salad
In this warm and appetizing salad, the pleasant, aniseed taste of fennel is combined with those of flageolet beans, green olives, Parma ham and that of the orange dressing. To get a satisfying lunch, the salad is served with French bread, with crispy crust.
- 1 small orange, grated peel and juice 1 teaspoon mustard with berries 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 1 clove crushed garlic 75 g peeled green olives 400 g flageolet beans, canned, drained and washed 340 g large fennel bulb, sliced 150 g green bean pods cut in half 250 g sliced pumpkin 85 g thin slices of Parma ham, cleaned of fat and cut in half salt and pepper
Mix in a deep, heat-resistant dish, the juice and grated orange peel, mustard, olive oil and garlic. Add the flageolet beans and olives and mix well. Season with salt and pepper to taste, then set the dish aside while preparing the rest of the salad.
Bring a pot of salted water to a boil, add the fennel and green beans and cook for 1 minute. Add the zucchini and cook for 3-4 minutes, until all the vegetables are tender. Meanwhile, heat the oven grill.
Drain the vegetables and mix with the mixture of flageolet beans and olives, in the heat-resistant dish. Arrange the Parma ham slices on top, and place the dish under the grill and leave it for 1-2 minutes, just enough to heat the ham. Serve the salad immediately.
Globalized fasting salad of nuts, oranges and fennel
Beans, potatoes, cabbage or rice. And for dessert prunes and nuts. That's how our ancestors held their posts.
But times have changed, the economy has globalized and all kinds of exotic fruits and vegetables from overseas and countries have begun to reach our lands.
And this is how the Romanian can now hold a position with global influences.
I have nothing to tell you about nuts, that they have been in our diet for thousands of years. Nor about oranges, because we haven't missed them since the Revolution.
But before I give you a new idea of fasting salad, I think I should mention a few words about fennel. In the offer of importers of vegetables and fruits, fennel has been around for a long time. The fennel grows in the Mediterranean region and southwest Asia (from west to east: from Morocco and Portugal to Pakistan). The main customers of the importers were, until recently, some processors in the food industry. Like anise, fennel is added to some sophisticated bread recipes and is often used in cakes and pastries. Only in recent years, thanks to culinary and naturist blogs, it began to be purchased in detail and consumed by an increasing number of Romanians, especially in urban areas.
Whether used as a vegetable or as a spice, fennel is a quality ingredient in the kitchen. The intense and sweet aroma of its fruits is used to season sweet and salty dishes from around the world. In the opinion of career leaders, fennel is difficult to overcome in terms of versatility. The fennel bulb is used as a vegetable and its branches can be used as greens, just like dill. Fennel pollen is used as an exclusive spice. Fennel fruits (often called "fennel seeds") are very popular with connoisseurs. Their intense and sweet aroma is reminiscent of anise.
And here's the idea: if it's still so popular and versatile, why not make it suitable for a fasting salad & # 8230? Cristina Toth, Diva in the kitchen, suggests you use fennel, oranges and nuts for a (so-called) & # 8220winter salad& # 8221, but which can be cooked at any time of the year. Aprozaru & # 8217 lui Clopoțel recommends it:
WHITE RADISH SALAD WITH PHOENIC AND CUCUMBER
I missed a radish salad, and as soon as I noticed the white radishes in the vegetable section the other day, I also outlined the radish salad with fennel and cucumbers. It is very healthy, it is not hot at all and it is a combination that will surely not disappoint you if you like radishes.
- 2 white radishes
- 3 red radishes
- ½ fennel
- 1 pc. cucumber (10-15 cm.)
- 1 dill connection
- juice from half a lemon
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Peel the white radishes and cut them into slices as thin as possible.
I do the same with the red radishes I peel, the cucumbers fresh and appetizing, then I slice half of the fennel with anise flavor that I use quite often lately.
Finely chop the dill that I add to the bowl and immediately prepare the salad dressing.
In a separate bowl, squeeze the juice from half a lemon, then gradually add 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil, stirring constantly.
Season the emulsion obtained with salt and pepper and then add it over the prepared vegetables.
Mix a few times, then let the bowl cool for a few minutes until the vegetables absorb a little of the lemon flavor of the sour dressing, marinate a little, release their fragrant and healthy juices and become slightly translucent.
I got a wonderful radish salad with fennel and cucumber that can be eaten as such or, depending on preferences, as a side dish to a lot of other dishes.
1 can of tuna pieces in oil,
10 green olives,
2 tablespoons wine vinegar
Peel an orange, slice it, remove the skin and cut it in half.
Avocado is cut into small pieces,
Boil eggs and cut into quarters,
Put the above ingredients, drained tuna, green olives, and mix them all in a bowl.
From the remaining hawthorn from tuna, vinegar, salt, pepper, make a sauce that is added over the salad.
Egg and fennel salad with lemon sauce
Fennel is an ingredient that you will often find in Mediterranean cuisine. It is sweet and crunchy and adds freshness to any dish. You can use it for salads with citrus and avocado, but also for sandwiches instead of lettuce leaves.
Boil hard-boiled eggs and leave them in cold water for 15 minutes. This way they will peel more easily and will keep their shape without the egg white sticking to the shell.
Crush the garlic with a pinch of salt. Mix it with mayonnaise, lemon juice, lemon peel, mustard, salt and pepper.
Peel a squash, grate it and chop finely. Incorporate them into the mayonnaise sauce and add the chopped fennel.
Serve on a bed of lettuce, as an appetizer or main course.
Pressing the button below represents your agreement to the TERMS AND CONDITIONS of the COMMENTING PLATFORM.
Different salad recipes for every day: appetizer salads, potato salads, raw salads, meat salads, eggplant salads, beet salads, egg salads, fish salads, cold salads, hot salads.
Tomato, tuna and avocado salad
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 16 g finely chopped coriander, 50 g sliced green onions, 500 g sliced tomatoes, salt to taste, 1 can of tuna, 1 avocado, freshly ground black pepper
Method of preparation
Peel an avocado and cut it into cubes. Put it in a bowl and mix it with a tablespoon of lemon juice. Season with salt.
Cut the tomatoes and put them in a bowl with the avocado.
Undo the canned tuna, drain the oil and put the tuna meat in the bowl, then add the green onions and coriander. Mix everything carefully so as not to crush the avocado.
In a jar, mix 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
Pour the dressing obtained over the salad, grind some black pepper on top and serve immediately.
Fennel and its health benefits
Due to its content rich in vitamins, dietary fiber, potassium, folic acid, manganese, calcium and iron, fennel is considered an important food that has beneficial effects on the body. Vitamin C, the dominant element in the composition of the plant, helps strengthen the immune system. Among the many uses that this plant has are the fight against cardiovascular diseases, colon cancer and stomach ailments. Fennel tea also has an important role in treating bronchitis and stomach pain.
Ingredients shrimp salad with avocado and corn
- 300 grams of shrimp cleaned of carapace and intestine, ready to cook (boiled, pan-fried or grilled)
- 1 well-baked avocado, large, 120-150 grams
- 1 jar or 330 gram can of corn
- 100-120 grams of lettuce leaves (my favorite type or mix, I used a small head of lollo biondo)
- 2 celery stalks (80 grams)
- 6 cherry tomatoes (optional, they don't have much taste but pleasantly invigorate the salad color)
- 2-3 sprigs of green onions (depending on how big they are)
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 1 small bunch of fresh coriander (15 grams & # 8211 can be replaced with green parsley)
- ½ untreated lemon juice and peel (can be replaced with 1 lime)
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard tip
- 1 teaspoon of honey or agave syrup
- 30 ml. olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
In short, about ingredients, possible substitutions, etc
The shrimp salad with avocado is made with ingredients that are easily found in any supermarket. I used the lollo biondo salad variety, but you can choose your favorite salad (or leaf mix). The tomatoes look nice in combination with the other ingredients, but I didn't really feel that their taste really mattered in the salad. I'm thinking of trying to make the same salad as soon as possible, but with red peppers instead of these tomatoes. I think it would bring an extra texture but also a bolder taste.
The shrimp I used in this salad are quite small, fried, frozen. I let them thaw overnight in the fridge, scalded them for 1 minute in salted water (as for pasta) and drained them. I let them cool and used them to prepare the salad. It seemed to me that for a salad in which I was going to mix shrimp with the other ingredients anyway, it doesn't make sense to buy bigger, raw shrimp, which are much more expensive. They were really very good, sweet and tasty and with only a good size to take in the fork.
And now, we come to the part where we talk about the middle ground. coriander! I know many of you don't really like him. My opinion is that you did not taste it in the right combination. Definitely, fresh coriander does not bring anything good in a traditional Romanian soup. In this shrimp salad with avocado, however, its citrus and fragrant aroma is the most suitable. In combination with green onion leaves, lemon and jalapeno pepper, green coriander is perfect in a very fresh, very vibrant dressing. If, however, you do not want to give it a chance at all, simply replace it in the salad dressing with green parsley.
Shrimp salad with avocado and corn & # 8211
1. Prepare all the ingredients from the beginning so that the work goes smoothly. Lettuce leaves should be washed well in several cold and damp waters. Peeled and washed green onions, as well as the rest of the vegetables used. The corn must be drained through the canning liquid. Grate the lemon from the yellow peel, which we collect carefully, then squeeze the juice. If you use raw shrimp for salad, they should be cooked / grilled or grilled. Be careful when cooking shrimp, they cook very little, otherwise they will have an unpleasant, rubbery texture. Basically, when they turn pink (from ash), they are ready.
Preparing the dressing room
2. Jalapeno pepper is not only a hot pepper, but also a very fragrant one. This is the main reason why I chose it for this salad. In order not to disturb its sharpness, if you do not like it, cut the pepper lengthwise and grate all the seeds and ribs inside with a knife. Once removed, cut the peppers into cubes as small as possible.
3. Put in a blender ½ of chopped jalapeno pepper, ¾ of large chopped coriander (or parsley) leaves, grated lemon peel and chopped green onion leaves. Keep aside 1 good spoonful of lemon juice, add the rest in a blender. Immediately add the dijon mustard, honey and olive oil. Add 1 pinch of salt and ground black pepper to taste.
4. Blend everything for a few tens of seconds. We will get a creamy, vibrant green dressing. Taste the dressing and add more salt / pepper, if needed. Keep in mind that this dressing must be seasoned enough to taste all the ingredients in the salad.
Seasoning and assembling the salad
5. Put the shrimp in a bowl and add over them ¹⁄3 of the dressing and the rest of the diced jalapeno. We leave them aside to taste, until we take care of the other salad ingredients.
6. Peel the avocado and peel it, then sprinkle it with the preserved lemon juice (see step 3) and mix it to prevent oxidation. Cut the celery celery into cubes and the white part of the green onion into thin slices. We cut the cherry tomatoes in half and we are ready to assemble the shrimp salad with avocado and corn.
7. Every time I make a salad that also contains leaves, I like to keep some fresh, to look beautiful on the plate. That's what I did now: I broke the curly tops of the lollo biondo salad and kept them aside and I broke the rest into suitable pieces to take in the fork. This is my approach, but you don't have to do like me, you can simply break the salad into pieces.
8. I put in a bowl the broken salad, drained corn, avocado, tomatoes, shrimp with the dressing in the bowl, green onions and celery. From the dressing, I kept about 2 tablespoons, I added the rest to the bowl and mixed. We must do the homogenization carefully, because we do not want to crush the ingredients, just to get dressing on each element, so that the salad tastes good.
Some mounting suggestions
9. I mounted this salad on flat plates. You can also mount the salad in bowls or cups, in smaller portions. It is important to serve it as soon as possible after the leaves have come into contact with the dressing. Otherwise, the lemon, the acidity in the dressing will make the salad wither and will not look as good. Even the texture will suffer. If you want to prepare the salad with some advance before serving, go through all the steps from 1 to 7 and leave step 8 just before serving, to offer a very fresh dish at the table.
As I told you, I left a few unseasoned lettuce leaves for serving. To taste them too, I sprinkled the plates with the preserved dressing (2 tablespoons) then I distributed these leaves on the plates. On top of them, I mounted the salad mixed with dressing in the bowl. I tried to give it a taller, conical shape. I put the preserved coriander leaves on top of the salad and served it immediately.
It's a super refreshing salad, with an absolutely delightful citrus taste, which has become one of the family's favorites. I am sure that you can do exactly the same, if you pay due attention to all the details of the recipe. I am waiting for you with good news!