We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Hello everyone, I'm Misya, or Flavia Imperatore, I'm 34, married to Ivano and Elisa's mother, I'm Neapolitan, a lover of travel, good food and excellent company.
by Margo Schachter contributor
by Giorgia Di Sabatino Contributor
by Maurizio Bertera Contributor
by Daniele Brunetti Contributor
by Cristina Gambarini Contributor
by Giorgia Di Sabatino Contributor
Recipes, recipes, recipes
An aunt gave us a head of thistles during a trip to Tuscany and we were advised to prepare the thistle soup.
No sooner said than done.
But first let's see some properties of the thistle, since I ate it a few times and raw, but it was the Piedmontese hunchback.
THE thistles first of all they are very rich in fiber, so they are excellent for the intestine. They also help the liver a lot and you can also get excellent herbal teas.
Unlike many vegetables, the thistle it needs some frost before being harvested in order to become more tender, so the season is the right one (early winter)
The taste is bitter and recalls that of the artichoke.
It needs to be very well cleaned and the procedure is a bit laborious, but it's worth trying to get a good one thistle soup.
Venaimo therefore to the preparation of thistle soup.
Wash the thistles well. Then cut the ribs into pieces of about 2/3 cm, finishing cleaning them with a potato peeler and putting them in a container with water and the juice of half a lemon.
Boil a pot of water.
When the water boils, add salt and sprinkle a spoonful of flour. Drain the thistles and put them to boil for about a quarter of an hour.
Meanwhile, prepare about a liter of vegetable broth by dissolving the sufficient quantity of vegetable stock in water.
Melt a knob of butter in a pan with a couple of tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
When the thistles have passed the first boil, drain and sauté them for 2 minutes in the oil and butter and add salt.
Add 150 ml of tomato sauce and mix well.
Then add the broth a little at a time until it is covered and cook for about half an hour, adding the broth as it is consumed, trying to obtain the desired consistency.
A sprig of chopped parsley will give the thistle soup a touch of freshness
Place an egg for each plate or bowl of the diner and serve the soup on the plate while turning the egg so that the egg itself does not congeal but mixes with the soup itself.
Enjoy your meal. Excellent with croutons.
At this link you will find my recipe for another seasonal preparation: pumpkin cream
At this link you will find a book with over 500 recipes for soups and broths on Amazon at a very low cost
Ingredients for the thistle soup
1/2 kg of thistles
1 cube for vegetable broth (to obtain about a liter of broth)
1 knob of butter
2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
150 ml of tomato sauce
Salt as needed
1/2 lemon squeezed
1 egg for each serving
Preparation time: about 1 hour
The chicken broth is the broth par excellence, good and tasty, suitable for being.
Leave a comment Cancel reply
They might also interest you
Roasted lamb with potatoes
Raw marinated shrimp
Sfince trapanesi (spinci trapanisi)
Fettuccine with zucchini and cherry tomatoes
Baked chicken with potatoes
Red garlic from Nubia
To make this site work well we use data files called "cookies".
What are cookies
A cookie is a small text file that is saved on your computer or mobile device while you visit the site.
Thanks to cookies, the Cose del Web blog remembers your actions and preferences (e.g. login, language, font size and other display settings) so that you do not have to re-enter them when you return to the site or browse from one page to another. .
What are the main types of cookies?
There are two types of cookies:
- proprietary cookies: subject to and readable only by the domain that created them
- third-party cookies: subject to and created by domains external to the one the user is visiting
These in turn can be:
to. Technical cookies
Technical cookies are those used for the sole purpose of "carrying out the transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network, or as strictly necessary for the provider of an information society service explicitly requested by the subscriber or user to provide this service ".
They are not used for other purposes and are normally installed directly by the owner or manager of the website.
They can be divided into navigation or session cookies, which guarantee the normal navigation and use of the website (allowing, for example, to make a purchase or authenticate to access restricted areas).
b. Profiling cookies
Profiling cookies are designed to create user profiles and are used in order to send advertising messages in line with the preferences expressed by the user while surfing the net. Due to the particular invasiveness that such devices may have in the private sphere of users, European and Italian legislation provides that the user must be adequately informed about their use and thus express their valid consent.
c. Analysis and performance cookies
These are cookies used to collect and analyze traffic and use of the site anonymously. These cookies, even without identifying the user, allow, for example, to detect if the same user returns to connect at different times. They also allow you to monitor the system and improve its performance and usability. The deactivation of these cookies can be performed without any loss of functionality.
Which cookies does this site use
WordPress cookie (navigation cookie)
Cookies have the exclusive function of recognizing logged in users, allowing navigation of the site even in restricted areas.
Performance Cookies (Navigation Cookies)
Cookies have the function of saving information on inline style sheets to speed up subsequent visits by the user and offer faster and cheaper navigation.
Google Analytics (Third party cookies)
This site uses this type of web analysis service provided by Google Inc. to obtain aggregate statistical information useful for evaluating the use of the website and the activities carried out by the visitor. Google stores the information collected by the cookie on servers that can also be located in the United States. Google reserves the right to transfer the information collected with its cookie to third parties where this is required by law or where the third party processes information on its behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google in order to obtain a more detailed user profile. Further information on privacy management and / or on how to refuse or delete this type of cookie is available at the URL: https://www.google.com/intl/it_it/analytics/learn/privacy.html.
The User can selectively disable the action of Google Analytics by installing the opt-out component provided by Google on their browser. To disable the collection of data by Google Analytics, please refer to the link below: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Google Fonts (Third party cookies)
This site uses fonts from the Google Fonts service in some parts of the site. For information on the cookies in question, here is the link https://www.google.it/intl/it/policies/privacy/
Google Maps (Third party cookies)
This site uses the Goole Maps service on some pages.
The user can decide whether or not to accept cookies using the settings on their browser.
Attention: the total or partial disabling of technical cookies can compromise the use of the site features reserved for registered users. On the contrary, the usability of public content is also possible by completely disabling cookies.
Disabling "third party" cookies does not affect navigability in any way.
The setting can be defined specifically for the different websites and web applications. Furthermore, the best browsers allow you to define different settings for "proprietary" and "third party" cookies.
By way of example, in Firefox, through the Tools → Options → Privacy menu, you can access a control panel where you can define whether or not to accept the different types of cookies and proceed with their removal.
AN Soft - Edinburgh - Scotland - UK
Given the objective complexity linked to the identification of technologies based on Cookies and their very close integration with the functioning of the web, the User is invited to contact the Owner should he wish to receive any further information on the use of the Cookies themselves and any uses of the same - for example by third parties - made through this site.
Notice to European Users: this privacy statement has been prepared in fulfillment of the obligations under Art. 10 of the Directive n. 95/46 / EC, as well as the provisions of Directive 2002/58 / EC, as updated by Directive 2009/136 / EC, on the subject of Cookies.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.
First courses in broth: 10 light recipes
With the arrival of the cold season often increases the desire for broth. Real and true comfort food, heats and can be considered or a simple entrée or a real first course. In its traditional version, the beef broth it is prepared with a mix of different cuts of meats, herbs and vegetables such as potatoes, carrots, celery and onion and is left to boil for a long time so that it takes on flavor and enriches itself with the nutritional elements of meat and vegetables. But the lighter version is also delicious: the chicken broth . Once you have learned the basic recipe you can use it in many different ways, adding rice, ravioli, agnolotti, vegetables, spelled, legumes and other ingredients.
If you fancy a good one first course in broth light, but greedy, try these Salt & Pepper recipes. How about the quinoa and spinach soup? Ideal for those on a diet! And the typical Tuscan recipe from tomato soup? Or why not try a more autumnal dish like la cumin and lemon scented lentil soup? Discover the best broth recipes of Sale & Pepe!
Add the well-scaled and gutted fish and brown them evenly.
Gradually add all the other ingredients: the coarsely sliced leek and celery, the tops of the parsley and the onion cut into chunks.
Add the parsley, peppercorns and carrots cut into two or three chunks.
Cover everything with water and cook for at least an hour, skimming the broth from time to time.
At the end of cooking, strain the broth and set it aside to cool.
You can keep it in the refrigerator to use it within a few days or freeze it to use it later in time.
The fish broth will be useful for flavoring fish-based preparations.
Recycle the vegetable broth: 5 simple ideas
The die is cast: freeze the broth to use it again
If you want recycle the vegetable broth, the first practical idea is that of freeze it . Blend the vegetables with the liquid, otherwise place the broth in the ice trays. Pay attention to do not fill them to the edge because during the freezing phase the volume increases, so it could overflow and dirty the freezer drawer. Once the broth has solidified, you can extract it and keep it in a practical tray with hermetic closure.
Whenever you need a cube to make a soup for your child, take out a couple of cubes and let them thaw, perhaps adding a little water to cook the pasta. If, on the other hand, you are preparing a roast you can use one or two to flavor it, or use it as a cooking sauce for a risotto .
Soup with vegetables
With cold and rain, there is nothing more comfortable than a nice soup.
Ingredients for three / four people
- 1 liter of leftover vegetable broth
- 1 courgette already boiled
- 1 carrot already boiled
- 300 g of short pasta (ditalini or mixed pasta)
- q.s. of salt
- q.s. of extra virgin olive oil
- q.s. of parmesan
- Heat the vegetable broth bringing it to a boil . Pour in the pasta and simmer for about 7-8 minutes , then taste and season with salt.
- Take the carrot and courgette, and cut them up. You can also roughly crush them with a fork, since they are already boiled. Place them in the pot only towards the end , stirring and continue cooking for another 3-4 minutes.
- After the time has elapsed, pour into the dishes and complete by serving with a drizzle of raw oil and a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese.
Meatballs: double recycling
If in addition to the broth you also have some leftover bread this is the recipe for you!
Ingredients for 6 people
- 1.5 l of leftover vegetable broth
- 500 g of minced meat
- 200 g of stale bread
- an egg
- q.s. of salt
- First put the stale bread to sponge in a large salad bowl. When will completely soaked pour it into a colander, drain and squeeze it fine with your hands.
- For the meatballs, take the meat and pour it into the salad bowl. Add the squeezed bread, salt, an egg and mix well until the compound will be homogeneous . Take very little dough with your hands and shape it into a round shape, without exceeding in size .
- Bring the leftover broth to a boil, pour in the meatballs, and start cooking over low heat which will have to continue for at least three quarters of an hour .
- If you prepare this dish in advance, once cooked, lift the meatballs with one skimmer and keep them in a bowl in the refrigerator without the broth (they would soften too much) and keep the broth in a pot. At dinner time , heat the broth and, once it reaches a boil, pour in the meatballs and heat them for about ten minutes . Serve hot.
Another perfect way to recycle some vegetable broth is to make a parmigiana risotto. Simple, good and perfect for getting yourself back on track after the excesses of the holidays.
Ingredients for two people
- 1 liter of leftover vegetable broth
- 1 onion
- 180 g of carnaroli rice
- a knob of butter
- q.s. of parmesan
- q.s. of salt
- In a saucepan, heat the leftover broth, which should remain always hot . Slice an onion, following one of the tips we have given you for to do it without crying . Let it soften in a finger of water.
- When the onion has become transparent, pour in the rice, toast it lightly a couple of minutes , then start pouring the broth one ladle at a time.
- As we have already suggested in our article on the perfect risotto, it is important to "play with fire": turn up the heat when you add the broth, e lower it when you realize that it is absorbed. And then start over. This trick will help you cook the rice without letting it dry too much or, on the contrary, give it the idea of "boiled".
- Once the cooking point is reached, turn off the flame , add a knob of butter, Parmesan, season with salt and whisk . Let it rest for a few minutes before serving and serving.
Passatelli in broth
Even if the original recipe would like meat broth, you can prepare a very special and vegetarian variant.
- 150 g of breadcrumbs
- 100 g parmesan
- 3 eggs
- 1 knob of butter
- 1 liter of leftover broth
- q.s. nutmeg
- q.s. salt
- q.s. pepper
- q.s. of extra virgin olive oil
- First, prepare the passatelli. In a bowl pour in the breadcrumbs, Parmesan and then add the softened butter to cream. Mix evenly.
- In a soup plate beat the eggs with salt, pepper and grated nutmeg, then slowly pour them into the bread mixture, mixing with a fork.
- Once the mixture will be firmer , turn it upside down on a pastry board and continue to work it with your hands until it is compact. Wrap it in cling film and put it in fridge for half an hour .
- After this time, remove it from the fridge, remove the film and divide it into several parts by inserting it a little at a time in the potato masher. Press until the passatelli begin to come out, and cut them to the length of 4-5 cm . As they form, arrange them on a plate lined with lightly floured baking paper.
- At this point, heat the leftover vegetable broth. When it boils, gently pour the passatelli making them cook for a couple of minutes until they start to come to the surface .
- Drain them with one skimmer in a deep dish, then adding a ladle of broth. Complete with grated Parmesan cheese, a drizzle of raw oil and a sprinkling of pepper.
If you like them the ideas of recycling , in addition to those we have already suggested, we recommend that you take a look at the recipes for using stale bread.
Leave the dry white beans to soak for several hours, then cook them in the vegetable broth with a bay leaf for about an hour. Meanwhile, heat the margarine and add the chopped onions to brown them. Add the onion, black peppercorns and prunes cut into strips to the beans. Cook for another 5-10 minutes and season to taste with red wine vinegar, honey, sea salt and a clove of crushed garlic.
Cut the sandwiches in half, arrange a few slices of Emmental cheese and bake in the oven at 150 ° C for 5 minutes.